I need 8 African American students ages 13 -16 who like to read Black history books to read with me. It doesn’t in matter which state they live. Ideally, I’ll have 1 male and 1 female in each age group.
What: We will read a couple Black history books together
Why: To read, discuss and gain a better understanding of Black History
When: Starting October 1, 2011
We are going to read one chapter per week. They have to write and discuss lessons they learned as well as their thoughts on what they read. It’s going to feel like extra homework, but it they will be more enlightened after the fact.
If you know of young people that are interested, please let me know. Thanks!
I am very scholastic in nature. All of these books will help change your mind to get you to the next level in your life – personally and professionally. They have definitely helped me. Yes, I have read all of these books and they are all in my library. They should be in yours, too.
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- As a Man Thinketh – James Allen
- Three Feet from Gold: Turn Your Obstacles into Opportunities – Sharon L. Lechter & Greg S. Reid
- The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success – Brian Tracy
- Cash in a Flash: Real Money in No Time – Robert G. Allen & Mark Victor Hansen
- Ask and It Is Given – Esther & Jerry Hicks
- Dare to Be Yourself – Allen Cohen
- The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
- The Game of Life and How to Play It – Florence Scovel Shinn
- Do You What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood – Marsha Sinetar