I am researching ROLLER SKATING (not inline or ice skating) for a book I am writing, and your story is needed. I don’t care how much or how little you skated, your story is important to me. Right now, I’m working on a site where you can submit your story. Until it is complete, please share the following information in the comment section below OR cut and paste the questions and send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call me at (312) 890-2261 if you have any questions or want to speak to me personally. I’ll need a couple days to return your call, but I’ll be sure to get back to you. Also, be sure to say that you are calling about roller skating.
Note: You don’t have enter all of this information, but any memories you have will be greatly appreciated.
- Your name and e-mail
- Your age group (example: 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70 – 79, 80 – 89, 90+)
- In which cities and states did you roller skate?
- At which rinks did you roller skate?
- During which years did you roller skate?
- What type of outfits did you wear?
- Why did you roller skate? For fun, to catch a guy/girl, that was the only activity in the community, etc.
- Did you have any skate partners? What were their names?
- Who were some of the better skaters you can remember?
- Did you enter any competitions?
- What type of skating did you do? Freestyle, session, dances, JB, derby, roller hockey
- Where did you buy your roller skates?
- What were some of the skate clubs? Were you a member?
- Who were some of the organists or DJs at the rinks you frequented?
- Did you have any tales of racism in skating? That you experienced or witnessed personally
- What are some of your favorite skate memories?
- Do you have photos I can use?
Thank you for sharing your information. You are greatly appreciated.
Image: gig harbor 365