I am pleased to report my progress on the following projects:
1) Both of my proposals to present at the Blogging While Brown conference had the most votes. So, I’ll be presenting Live Blogging 101.
2) I’m squeezing in research for my roller skating book, and I’m working on an intern job posting to get help with this. I’ve got some good stuff!
3) I have a good rough draft of my Live Blogging book. Also, I reached out to one of the first ladies of technology to ask if she would review it and provide feedback. I pray she says yes.
4) The Write Design Company’s website will have a new look by the end of the week. So far, I have been consistent with my themed blog topics. Establishing myself expert status is not easy, but it’s totally necessary.
5) Shorty: Your Chicago South Side Resource is being recognized as a community resource. I received a thank you e-mail from the Community Manager at Every Block Chicago for mentioning their site in a post. They are owned by msnbc.
6) My confidence in my abilities has grown which is helping in my freelance writing career. As I think about individual stories and the magazines in which they would fit, I have at least 4 publication options depending on the topic. I am confident that most of my queries sent this year will be accepted.
7) Submitted my first query of the year to Toastmasters magazine. Seeking experts for story #2 while planning story #3.
8) Started another blog where I can say what I want to say without worrying about consequences because my name is not on it. That is so therapeutic.
9) Reached out to mayoral candidates for interviews today. I can’t wait to see how many responds. Whether they do or not, I’ll have content for my blog.
10) Trying to figure out how to crown Chicago “The Roller Skating Capital of the World.” I have enough information to solidify this position, but I want to check out a few more things to really take it over the top.
11) I need high school and college interns to help update content for Shorty. That job posting is also in progress.
That is all I have for now.