Make a Book Your Business
…all you need is an idea.
The publishers who brought you the international blockbuster Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands, The Beginner’s Guide to Day Trading, and the bestselling Knock ’em Dead job search series now offer YOU a chance to make your publishing dreams come true…and all you need is an IDEA!
- Need a book to seal the business deal?
- Eager to add “author” to your list of accomplishments?
- Got a great book idea but don’t know what to do with it? Then you’re ready!
In the Make a Book Your Business Competition, Adams Media will choose the best book proposal and pair the winner with a professional business writer for book development. That means, YOUR book could be published on our Fall 2011 list—and receive a national PR campaign!
This writing competition is a don’t-miss opportunity for creative business experts who want to add “published author” to their resumes!
SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSAL
The deadline for submissions is November 15, 2010. You will be asked to provide the following information during the submission process:
- Working title/subtitle
- Author information: Please submit approximately 100-150 words describing your background and credentials for the book. Please include relevant organizational affiliations, awards, etc.
- Book information: Please submit approximately 200-250 word description of your book idea. Please be sure to explain what makes the concept unique and of value to the reader.
- Market information: Please submit approximately 150 words describing the intended audience(s) for the book.
- Competitive titles, if known
For complete competition rules, please click here.