Dancing is Tracey B’s life, literally and figuratively. Her dancing life began with ballet and tap in her younger years. She later took jazz and modern dance. Latin, Steppin’, and Ballroom dance became passions in her adult life. However, Latin dance has been her joy for 16 years.
In June 2008, she decided to share her joy of Latin dance with others by teaching Salsa, Cha Cha, Bachata, Merengue and Cumbia at the Newberry Center by UIC in Chicago. Tracey’s dance style is as smooth and mellow as her personality. She’s very patient and makes sure moves are correct. If a student does not get a move, she works with them until they get it.
Even though she has an average of seven people in class at a time, the smaller classes allow her to give individual attention to students. Her class consists of beginner and advanced students. New dancers come to learn basic moves; advanced students are “finessed for smoother and sexier moves.” This says a lot about Tracey as an instructor.
Tracey’s Latin dance classes are held every Friday at the NewberryCenter, 1073 W Maxwell Street, Chicago (near UIC – just west of Halsted, one block south of Roosevelt). Lessons begin promptly at 7:30 p.m. Steppin’ lessons are available prior to the Latin dance from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Each class is $10 or take both classes for $15. Dance packages available include:
1 class – $50 for the entire 6 week session – you get a class free!
2 classes – $75 for the entire 6 week session – you get one set of classes free!
Classes began on January 30, 2009. It is not too late to start your Latin Dance lesson!
Call Tracey 708-341-9516 or Sam 773-749-5064 for more information.
Five Reasons Why You Should Check Out Tracey B.’s Latin Dance Class
1. Radeshia Brown: “You learn a lot. You get practice. Good price. Tracey is an excellent teacher. She’s patient, and knows what she’s doing.”
2. Fabi: “Tracey loves to dance to anything, and she’s good.”
3. Michael: “She is a good instructor. I like her teaching style. She makes everything easy to understand.”
4. Chris: “Tracey is outstanding. She takes time to break down instructions to Sesame Street language. Everything is outstanding.”
5. Nyaa: “Tracey is a great instructor. She’s a nice person.” This was Nyaa’s first time at Tracey’s session.