*News Production Fellowship *
Democracy Now!, a New York-based independent, non-commercial daily radio/TV/Internet news hour is seeking applicants for three paid internships/fellowships beginning in early 2012 in the concentrations listed below.
1) Video/TV News Production*–must be proficient in video shooting and editing with Final Cut Pro. Duties will include filming speeches, press conferences and protests as well as editing material for the daily broadcast.
2) News Production*–must have excellent research and writing skills. Some prior journalism experience preferred. Duties will include assisting our news team in producing the daily news program, researching stories, pre-interviewing guests, and writing copy.
Both positions require candidates to have:
- A good news sense and follow a variety of news sources on a daily basis (including both commercial and independent news outlets).
- The ability to work well in a team
- A professional demeanor in all situations
The stipend paid will cover a minimum of 20 hours per week for a minimum of six months. Additional hours may be requested depending on the needs of the program.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, LINKS TO WRITING AND/OR VIDEO SAMPLES, and at least three references to fellowship (at) democracynow (dot) org with “FELLOWSHIP” in the subject line. FOR VIDEO SAMPLES PLEASE include URL links to clips that represent the applicant’s shooting and editing ability, with a full list of credits on the submitted pieces. There is no limit of the number of samples submitted.
*Application Deadline:* November 15, 2011
NBC 5 is looking for college students with interest in broadcast journalism, the web and social media to intern during the morning daypart this fall.
The position involves working closely with show producers, writers, reporter, anchors and executive producer. You will learn how to write for the air & web – and how to dig up the information to find and compose good stories.
Interns will also have the opportunity to work with photographers to develop on-camera and reporting skills. Interns must be fluent in Facebook and Twitter. You must be available at least 3-4 days a week during the early morning hours. NBC 5 will work with interns to adapt to class schedules.
To apply, fill out the application found at this link by August 2: http://bit.ly/opJjgw & list “Morning Show” as your top position.
After applying, email Executive Producer Kathryn Janicek at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and letter of interest, availability and expertise.
Image: The Expired Meter
The Fulbright Commission in Berlin is pleased to announce the Berlin Capital Program 2011 for young American journalists and journalism students – December 4 – 11, 2011
The program has been designed to foster transatlantic relations and to promote professional and academic networks between Germany and the U.S. It offers young U.S. journalists the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the political, economic and cultural environment in Germany/Europe with a special focus on the German media landscape and the role of media in politics and society. The program consists of an intensive series of seminars, presentations, and visits to important German media, and German political and cultural institutions. The program will be conducted in
- have U.S. citizenship
- reside in the U.S.
- not be older than 30 years of age at the time of application
- be a graduating senior or Masters degree student in the field of journalism or communications at a U.S. university, OR a young professional journalist, currently employed by U.S. media in the U.S., with fewer than 5 years of work experience in the field,
- demonstrate relevant background and professional interests
A grant provided by the Fulbright Commission covers program costs, round-trip transportation from the U.S. to Germany and back, health insurance coverage during the seminar and a per diem allowance for meals,
lodging, and local travel.
Please feel free to pass this announcement to interested parties. The program description and the Application Form can be found on our website at http://www.fulbright.de/togermany/grants/berlin-capital-program.html
*Applications are welcome until July 29, 2011.
If you have questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Image: Asian job portal