I absolutely, positively love writing and blogging. I do it every day. In fact, I have a bazillion blogs but I only give my time and attention to the following three:
- The Write Design Company Blog – shares articles and resources on business writing, blogging and training.
- Shorty: Your Chicago South Side Resource – shares resources on culture, education, employment, health and youth programs and activities on the South Side of Chicago. Visitors can also find Chicago history and classics.
- Marcie Writes – find my published works and thoughts on topics that are important to me.
In addition to writing and blogging, the following topics may be thrown in at any time because of my passion or interest in them:
- Roller skating – I did not know there was so much to this sport until I started to get my roll on. Also, if you were a roller skater, feel free to share your roller skating story at Real Skate Stories.
- Black history – I’m getting in touch with my roots and it’s very painful to read. I have also learned that America is the “land of the free” for everybody except black people. And the country was built on the backs of mostly black slaves. AND it’s 2011 and nothing has changed in over 400 years.
- Chicago history- I started reading about Chicago History after I came up with the bright idea to become the South Side resource.
- Mainstream media practices – This makes my blood boil, so these topics may be limited or they’ll feed into #2 and #5.
- Women issues – There are so many so it’s really hard to know where to begin. I’m sure most men would agree.
- Technology – I’m a techie – even though I don’t have my iPod Touch yet. I’m hoping to find a gig as a gadget blogger so I can get free gadgets and write about them. That’s double love!
- Photography – I love my camera; black and white photos are absolutely gorgeous.
- Making dreams come true – If something was placed on your heart, you should pursue it. BUT, it will be more effective if you create a vision board and a goal sheet.
- Resources and opportunities. I’m into prosperity and helping others. I pray I can give you something you can use to get to the next level.
- Books – Next to writing and blogging, books are my next favorite subject.
Hope you enjoy hanging out with me!